Thank you for your interest in creating a video with The PhD Place. Researchers are welcome to contribute to either our PhD Skills or Research Series.
You can talk about any relevant aspect of your PhD experience (see guidance video) including your research. We advise that you direct message us on Twitter @ThePhDPlace to share your ideas before you start.
Submissions should be uploaded to Microsoft Flip only using our Flip group and the appropriate topic. You may need to create an account to upload your video.
Flip group: https://flip.com/groups/13973072/topics
- All videos must be filmed in landscape mode with clear audio and sufficient video quality.
- Videos should be created using accessible, natural language.
- Talks must be between 5-10 minutes.
- 'PhD Thought' video submissions should also be landscape, and a maximum of 60 seconds in length.
- No PowerPoint presentations or visuals are to be included in your video. You may include up to 3 images alongside your submission if required. This is applicable for longer talks only.
- There must be no branded products including clothing, music, or sound effects in your video.
- No profanity, racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, ableism, or transphobia.
- You must not incite violence or promote violent ideologies, or share intentionally misleading information.
The legal stuff
All speakers must sign and return The PhD Place Ltd Video Release Form (PDF Download/ Microsoft Word) before the video is published on YouTube. You will need to negotiate a date for publishing the video (the date by which you can discontinue participation) with Nath@ThePhDPlace.com before returning this form.
- Video creators are responsible for receiving the consent of any parties that have been mentioned in your video.
- Video creators are responsible for making us aware of any content warnings (trigger warnings) required for your video.
- Videos must be inclusive and must not contain defamatory, profane, obscene, or illegal material.
- Videos must not contain slanderous or libellous content.
- Video creators are responsible for ensuring their work and any information provided does not violate intellectual property rights.
- The PhD Place acts under the video creator's instructions and are not obligated in any way to check or confirm the legal use of reproducing any content.
- All content is subject to review and may be removed at any time without notice.
- The PhD Place Ltd is not affiliated with YouTube.
- The PhD Place Ltd undertakes no responsibility for your involvement in this project and the risks that it may entail (be they legal, physical, or mental) and by contributing your video you release The PhD Place Ltd from any claims, demands, losses, damages, suits, and liabilities of any kind whatsoever in connection with this project.